If you’re any kind of first responder, law enforcement official or other related role, being able to notify others on the road as to your presence in emergencies is very important. There are a number of different light styles you may choose to accomplish this from a visual perspective, and one of the most well-known and commonly-used here is the dashboard light, also generally referred to as a dash light.
At LED Equipped, we’re proud to offer a variety of different emergency vehicle LED lights, which are the top options on the market today for bright, effective and long-lasting lights that come in affordable price ranges. We offer multiple different emergency vehicle LED dash lights, each offering powerful emissions that are energy-efficient as well. What is the particular value of dash lights in many circumstances and to many first responders? Here’s a simple rundown.
What Are Dash Lights?
For those who are new to this realm and are just learning about the various options at their disposal for emergency vehicle LED dash lights, it is important to understand what these are in the first place. Simply put, a dash light is a specific type of emergency vehicle warning light that is generally set on top or near the front of an emergency vehicle for visibility and lighting purposes. This can include fire trucks, ambulances and more, as well as other types of vehicles. The more prominent purpose of dash lights is to alert other drivers and passengers on the road as to an emergency vehicle’s presence, thereby preventing accidents and injuries in a number of scenarios.
As you’re likely well aware, dash lights are just one of numerous different styles or options in terms of emergency vehicle warning lights. These include a variety of flashing light options, as well as beacons and more. At LED Equipped, we offer the best selection on the market today for affordable prices so you have access to high-quality emergency vehicle LED dash lights that are long-lasting and truly effective.
So why go with dash lights over other types, or in addition to them? Let’s go over this, plus some basics on the kinds of personnel who can benefit from dash lights, in our subsequent sections.
Flexibility and Versatility
One of the single most notable aspects or benefits of LED dash lights is the flexibility and versatility they have to offer. Dash lights come in a wide range of sizes, shapes, colors, styles and more to suit your specific needs perfectly. Whether you’re looking for something bright, simple or flashy with options such as strobe setting capabilities, there’s a dash light for you out there in our wide selection.
Moreover, dash lights are incredibly easy to install or mount onto your vehicle for fast and effective use in numerous scenarios. Not only this, but you can easily pop them on and off your vehicle whenever you need to, simply by unclipping them or removing them from your desired location.
Like most other forms of LED light, dash lights are significantly more energy-efficient than traditional halogen or incandescent options. This means that you can enjoy brighter, longer-lasting and cost-effective dash lights with ease.
And even when compared to other highly efficient LED types, dash lights tend to stand out. This is for a few reasons, from their simple and affordable design to the fact that they are versatile in terms of shape, size, colors and other aspects.
Personnel Who May Benefit from Dash Lights
Many different types of personnel can benefit from dash lights for a variety of reasons. Here’s a rundown so you can get an idea of who might need these striking light features:
- Police Officers: For many police officers, dash lights offer a multitude of benefits. Firstly, they can help to alert drivers and passengers of your presence while on duty, preventing accidents and injuries. But they do so without causing any kind of distraction for you, unlike some other options that can get in your eyes or otherwise. And secondly, dash lights are easy to install and use on a regular basis so you can be sure that they’re always working when needed. This is especially important since police officers might require these lights in emergencies as well as when driving around town and more alike.
- Firefighters: Firefighters may also need dash lights for the same reasons as police officers, but also to alert other firefighters in their area of a blaze or emergency situation. Dash lights are not only extremely effective and long-lasting, but they can help to guide fellow firefighters in at a moment’s notice so you don’t have to worry about any safety hazards.
- EMS: Like with police officers, EMS workers might find dash lights extremely beneficial for the same reasons. Whether you’re driving to an emergency or on a routine route, having dash lights in place will help to alert other drivers and passengers of your presence, preventing accidents and injuries along the way. And like with firefighters and police officers, you’ll find dash lights to be easy and convenient to use on a regular basis for all these reasons.
- Construction workers or tow truck drivers: While there may be some legal limitations on the specific colors or flashing capabilities of dash lights, they can still be great options for drivers in construction or tow truck settings. As these professionals travel around town and other areas, they may be able to use their dash lights to alert others of their presence. This can help to prevent unnecessary accidents and injuries as well as keep traffic moving smoothly without any hiccups along the way.
Things to Consider When Purchasing LED Dash Lights
If you’ve made the decision to move forward with purchasing dash lights for your vehicle, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to find the right ones. Here are a few of the most important concepts to keep in mind:
- Your job description and light utilization: Dash lights can be used for a number of reasons, especially if you’re employed in the law enforcement or emergency response fields. Before purchasing these lights, think about your specific job description and the light colors and flashing capabilities you might need to meet these requirements.
- The weather conditions where you’ll use them: Depending on how often you expect to use your dash lights, you’ll want to consider the weather or other environmental conditions where you work. If most of your driving is done in sunny and clear conditions, this can affect which LED light colors are best for you.
- How they’ll power on: There are a few different options when it comes to powering your dash lights, from cigarette lighter plugs all the way to hard wiring them into your vehicle. Depending on your preferences, you might decide to go with a specific option that’s right for you and best fits your needs.
- How much power you need: Powering your dash lights is also important, and there are a variety of options available to you. From cigarette lighter plugs all the way up to hard wiring your lights into your vehicle, it’s best to consider power needs before purchasing any particular set of lights.
- Your budget: And of course, your budget for emergency LED dash lights will also be an important consideration when it comes to making your final purchasing decisions. Prices can vary significantly depending on a number of factors, so it’s best to consider the above points and decide what fits into your budget before moving forward with any purchases.
With the right LED dash lights in your vehicle, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of emergencies and other issues that may arise during driving. You’ll also be able to safely alert others on the road whenever necessary!
For more on this, or to learn about any of our emergency LED light options, including dash lights, speak to the team at LED Equipped today.